ORBERAÂ® Gastric Balloon Integrated Weight Loss System
The procedure is a non-surgical and a reversible one for weight loss. This means there are nosurgeries, stitches, or scars after the procedure.
A tool to lose up to 3x more weight
OrberaÂ® helps patients lose up to 3x times more weight than what they could achieve with dietand exercise alone.
Over 300,000 footballs distributed worldwide.
Stop wasting money on weight loss systems that donât work
The OrberaÂ® weight loss system provides you, in almost all cases, with significant results in a period of approximately 6 months.
The OrberaÂ® program combines the latest in gastric balloon technology, coupled with a team of support staff, and a personalized diet and exercise plan.
This comprehensive program combines portion control with healthy lifestyle training for safe and effective weight loss.
The OrberaÂ® Integrated Weight Loss System helps patients lose up to approximately 3X times more weight than diet and exercise alone.
300K â Real results around the world
Millions of pounds lost using OrberaÂ®, over 300,000 gastric balloons.
Stomach â Weight loss without surgery
This procedure is reversible and non-surgical for weight loss. This means no surgeries, stitches, or scars after the procedure.
20 Years â The # 1 balloon for weight loss
OrberaÂ® is the worldâs leading weight loss balloon and has helped thousands of people achieve their weight loss goals over the last 20 years.
How OrberaÂ® Gastric Balloon Works
Without surgery â The gastric balloon is inserted orally (endoscopic procedure)through the esophagus and is placed directly on the stomach, during a procedure that is carried outrelatively quickly and without surgery. There is no
need for incisions, stitches, or scars.
It is not permanent â After 6 months, the balloon is carefully removed and then thedirected care program begins.
- The deflated OrberaÂ® balloon is inserted through the patientâs oral cavity into the stomach.
- The balloon is inflated using a sterile saline solution, to about the size of agrapefruit.
- The balloon takes up enough space in your stomach to assist the patient in the process of adjusting to a healthier life.
- After a period of 6 months, the balloon is removed with a non-surgical procedure.
- Real-time monitoring devices
- Mobile applications on IOS and Android platforms
Success with the OrberaÂ® Gastric Balloon
âIf I had felt this way before, I canât imagine what my life would have been like.â
âI thank OrberaÂ® for saving my life and helping me transform into a healthier, thinner person.â
âThis is the cheapest new life I could have bought. I have another 40 years with my family.â
Frequently Asked Questions
The total cost of the OrberaÂ® Program varies but is generally a price that includes the OrberaÂ® balloon, the placement procedure, the removal procedure, and 12 months of medical care and dietary advice.
OrberaÂ® occupies a space in the stomach of patients and will provide a sensation similar to a small meal. The system will help you to achieve adequate control of your food portions during the six months that the balloon is in your stomach.
It usually takes a few days for your body to adjust to the OrberaÂ® balloon. Most patients experience nausea, vomiting and reflux but this usually goes away within a few days and your doctor will guide you on how to control these symptoms.
OrberaÂ® has helped thousands of patients around the world lose weight. OrberaÂ® has been studied in more than 200 clinical studies throughout the world. In the clinical study that was used during the process of applying for FDA approval,
patients on average lost 3 times their weight from diet or exercise or about 10% of their total body weight.
In most patients, weight loss is rapid and most of it occurs in the first three months after balloon placement. While most weight loss occurs in the first few months, OrberaÂ® is a 12-month program that provides training and coaching to
help you maintain your weight.
Many patients use time with their OrberaÂ® balloon and the post-procedure training period to develop a new lifestyle. Thus, achieving their weight loss goal and/or continue the weight loss process. Therefore, the training and follow-up
period after balloon removal is very important. However, some patients may regain weight after balloon removal. In a clinical study in the US, patients on average maintained 75% of their weight loss after 6 months of balloon removal.
OrberaÂ® Intragastric Balloon System
For full safety information, download the Orbera Patient Information Booklet
Important safety information for the OrberaÂ® Intragastric Balloon System
- The OrberaÂ® Intragastric Balloon System is a weight loss aid for obese adults, with a body mass index (BMI) â¥30 and â¤40 kg / m2, who have tried other weight loss programs, such as following supervised diet, exercise, and behavior modification
programs and have not achieved sustainable weight loss.
- To receive the OrberaÂ® balloon, the patient must be willing to follow a 12-month program, starting with the placement of OrberaÂ® and continuing for 6 months thereafter, including a healthy diet and exercise plan. If the diet and exercise program
is not followed, you will not experience significant weight loss results. In fact, you may not experience any weight loss.
- Losing weight and keeping it off is not easy. You will be supervised by a team made up of doctors, psychologists, and nutritionists. This team will help you make and maintain major changes to your eating and fitness habits.
- OrberaÂ® is placed for a period of six months. If a balloon remains in the stomach for more than six months, you run the risk of complications, such as a bowel obstruction, which could lead to complications, including the death of the patient.
- Some patients are not eligible to receive OrberaÂ®. Your doctor will ask about your medical history and will also perform a physical exam to determine your eligibility for the device. In addition, at the time of placement, the physician may identify
internal factors, such as stomach irritation or ulcers, that may impede the OrberaÂ® placement process.
- The OrberaÂ® should not be inserted if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant within the next six months or are breastfeeding.
- Complications that can result from the use of OrberaÂ® include the risks associated with any endoscopic procedure and those associated with the medications and methods used in this procedure, as well as the patientâs ability to tolerate a foreign
object placed in their stomach. Possible complications include: partial or complete blockage of the intestine by the balloon and / or perforation of the stomach (which can be fatal), insufficient or no weight loss, adverse health consequences
as a result of weight loss , stomach upset, ongoing nausea and vomiting, abdominal or back pain, reflux, heartburn, influence on food digestion, blockage of food entering the stomach, growth of bacteria in the fluid that fills the balloon,
which can lead to infection, injury to the lining of the digestive tract, stomach, or esophagus, and deflation of the balloon
- Important: For complete safety information, visit Orbera.com/ISI, consult your physician, or call Apollo Customer Service at 855-700-0780.
CAUTION: OrberaÂ® is only available by prescription.
* These quotes are from patient testimonials and individual results may vary.